Friday 30 March 2007

Thou Shalt Always Kill

OK, this track does smack somewhat of the classic gimmicky, novelty, list-of-things single (c.f.The Sunscreen Song (Class of '99), It's The End Of The World And We Know It and - oooh, controversial - Losing My Edge)

But nevertheless, it does have a certain zeitgeisty charm to it. The video really makes the song, I feel - it's quirky at just the right pitch and superbly put together. Enjoy.




Courtesy of the irresistable Headphonesex and Music Like Dirt

1 comment:

  1. This is brilliant! Though I did feel somewhat of a loser when he started quoting the bands.
    You'd be a good music journalist - "zeitgeisty charm" - I could pull a few strings y'know place a few free ads, use my knowledge of shorthand and scots media law and the next thing you know you could be sleeping your way to the top of The Scotsman's Critique magazine ladder. You'll be the one munching on the Walkers' shortbread that came free in your complimentary press pack for the Mark Ronson gig [with support from Lemar, naturally] and pushing thru sweaty pubescent's for that once in a life time interview with Fall Out Boy.

    I took that too far didn't I? Why do I always take things too far?

    I'll make some calls for you ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete